- A secure upload page will be established on my website for all videos you wish to submit.
- I will review and approve the videos, before uploading them I will add a short clip to either the beginning, end, or both directing people to the forum and reiterating the fact that we are a community based and supported channel.
- If I don't approve of a video I will upload it on private for Eagle to review and make it public once he is okay with it.
- Eagle will be able to contact me at any time to remove videos if they cause problems with the reputation of BGV or the community.
- I will also make videos private if I see these issues starting to arise.
- I will be the only one with access to the channel in order to prevent people from deleting or changing content created by others or from uploading unapproved material.
- If any video is to be monetized I will coordinate with that person to ensure they get the money due to them, I will not take a cut. If a video was created by multiple users then they are responsible for deciding how money is divided and I will hold all funds until that is decided. If a video is to be monetized and if features other forum contributors or video makers the person who made the video in question must receive permission from those in the video before receiving funds, but I will immediately start the monetization (is that a word?) on the video. If they are unable to get in contact with them or unable to receive a reasonable answer from them within 7 days I will assume the person featured in the video gives their permission and release all funds. If someone featured in the video says no I will release all existing funds to the video maker and then turn off monetization (it still says that's not a word).
- I will remove or make private any videos upon the maker's request, but I will not completely remove any video made by multiple users without both maker's permission. If one of the maker's can not be reached in 7 days I will then remove the video.
- I will back up all videos, removed, private, and public, on my system
- If I know or have reason to believe I will not have access to the channel for more than 72 hours I will change the password and assign either Eagle or a willing moderator whom we both agree upon to lead the channel until I return.
- If I know or have reason to believe I will not have access to my website's server for more than one week I will give someone else access to upload videos only on request, I will make my email and a forwarding phone number available for video makers while I am away.
- Excessive inappropriate language (some is fine, if it is meant simply to be funny that is fine, but if it is excessive and unnecessary it should be censored, I will not censor it for you)
- Discussions of hypothetical or actual illegal actions (For this rule context will be considered, for example discussion of car theft and gang rape of hookers is fine when playing GTA, not when playing Ship Simulator Extreme)
- In regards to the example of the last rule, videos of Ship Simulator Extreme will not be allowed as I will not be responsible for murdering people by boring them to death (That's not painful enough)
- Identifying the real location or identity of other gamers without their permission
- No videos of excessive low quality (If it sucks I'm not uploading it, this is not meant to be mean, [okay so maybe it is] but I am not going to make everyone else look bad so that you can get your videos out there)
- Do not submit videos with copyrighted material that you know will be removed (If you give me a video that has its audio removed or flagged I will submit a counter-claim for you, but nothing more)
- Do not submit videos that have political or religious overtones
- Submitted videos with voice overs or gamers communicating must be in passable English for at least 80% of the video's content (For foreign forum users who wish to submit videos we appreciate your time and dedication, but we are targeting what is mostly an English speaking audience. Subtitles over a foreign language video are okay. I will not count the words to see if its 80%, but the majority of what is spoken needs to be in understandable English)
Italics means this is a rule that is important to note.
Both of these means that it is both unlikely to change and important to note
Any other ideas, questions, or suggestions?